To date, researchers around the globe are scrambling to find a cure for COVID-19, which has already infected hundreds of thousands of people and claimed thousands of lives.
But what if the key to staying healthy during a pandemic is strengthening your immunity with supplements and herbal remedies? Boosting your immune system could be essential to protecting yourself and not succumbing to infections in the first place.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19 coronavirus?
The coronavirus disease may not initially cause symptoms, and if you’re infected, you may carry the virus (SARS-CoV-2) for two days or up to a week before experiencing any symptoms.
Common symptoms directly linked to COVID-19 coronavirus include:
* Feeling short of breath
* Having a cough that gradually gets worse
* Having a low grade fever that gradually increases in temperature
Vitamins that may help boost immunity
Since a strong immune system is essential in supporting the body in fighting infections, the following are some natural protection to include in your daily routine.
Vit C has been shown to inactivate the virus and boosts immunity to continue suppressing the virus. Oral supplementation of high doses of Vit C daily offer protective benefits.
Vit C helps your body produce the antioxidant glutathione, as well as an antiviral called interferon.
Vitamin C rich foods: blackcurrents, lemons, limes, oranges, grapefruit, papaya, rosehips, strawberries, guava, broccoli, berries, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, kale, parsley, peas, peppers, watercress, squash, tomatoes, green leafy vegetables, thyme
Vitamin D3 is a natural treatment for flu and it allows your body to create cathelicidin, which is an antibiotic protein that assists in eliminating bacteria, fungi, parasites and viruses.
You can get vitamin D by following a healthy diet full of food sources of vitamin D and by exposure to sunlight. However, it is essential to take supplements during the winter season.
Vitamin D rich foods: butter, cod-liver oil, eggs, fatty fish, organ meats, sardines, cheese & milk
Most of garlic’s health benefits are due to the sulphur compounds that are formed when it is chopped, crushed or chewed.
Sulfur compounds from garlic enter your body via the digestive tract. These beneficial compounds then travel all over your body, where it then applies its powerful biological effects.
By taking garlic supplements daily this can reduce the number of colds you may experience while boosting your immunity.
Zinc is involved in numerous aspects of cellular metabolism. It is required for the activity of approximately 100 enzymes and it plays a role in immune function, DNA synthesis, wound healing.
Foods rich in Zinc: oysters, red meat, liver, fish, sardines, crab, chicken, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cashews, chickpeas, cheese, milk, eggs, kidney beans, kelp, peas, mushrooms, brewers yeast
According to a study from the Journal of Nanotechnology, colloidal silver nanoparticles kill HIV-1 and most kinds of viruses.
Colloidal Silver binds to the DNA of the virus cell, which prevents it from multiplying. It also prevents a virus being transferred from one person to another by hindering its ability to find a host cell to feed on. Without a host of feed off, viruses cannot survive.
Use colloidal silver at doses of 10 to 20 ppm (parts per million)
to assist in preventing further infections. It is best to use nanoparticle silver.
Anti Viral Foods
Along with taking Vitamin C and D and colloidal silver, eating anti-viral foods daily are one of the best ways to protect yourself against infectious diseases.
Sources: Coriander, coconut oil, fennel, garlic, ginger, kale, parsley, pomegranates, red clover, sprouts, sweet potatoes, turmeric, wild blueberries.
Antiviral Herbal Medicine
Antiviral herbs inhibit the development of viruses. Many of the best antiviral herbs boost the immune system, which allows the body to attack viral pathogens.
Top Antiviral Herbs***
• Echinacea – beneficial for immune support and overall health. Phytochemicals in Echinacea have the capacity to reduce virus infection and tumours
• Calendula – this antiviral herb contains high amounts of flavonoids , which are plant-based antioxidants that protect cells from being damaged by free radicals, it also fights viruses, inflammation and bacteria
• Elderberry – a powerful antiviral, antibacterial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory herb and a go to antiviral herb for early stages of the flu. Effective in supporting a healthy immune system, colds, and the symptoms associated with them including aches and pains, coughing, nasal congestion, catarrh and fever.
• Garlic – specific compounds found in garlic are highly effective at killing countless micro-organisms responsible fro some of the most common and rarest infections, including tuberculosis, pneumonia, thrush and herpes.
• Astragalus Root – another powerful antiviral herb and one of its main use it so boost the immune system. Its one of the most effective antiviral herbs for HSV. Studies have shown the effects of Astragalus on herpes simplex virus type 1 and found that the herb has obvious inhibiting properties.
• Cat’s Claw – contains antiviral properties, has been used by South Americans for centuries to treat fevers, stomach ulcers, digestive conditions and arthritis. Its antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties are powerful in being used to boost immunity.
• Licorice Root – contains antiviral activities, is an antioxidant and has immunostimulating effects, reduces the irritation of mucous surfaces , eases coughing and reduces catarrhal conditions in bronchitis
• Olive Leaf – has antiviral properties, giving it the ability to treat the common cold and dangerous viruses including candida symptoms meningitis, pneumonia, chronic fatigue syndrome and hepatitis B
*** The above are available from my dispensary, phone 0411 221 271 to have your individual tonic made in supporting your immune system.